California Pizza Kitchen

I had no plans of eating here. In fact, my Dad and I both wanted steak. But because most of the restos were full and the resto where I first wanted to eat was still closed, we ended up here. I have nothing against CPK. In fact, I had high praises for it when my friend treated me there. But that was at CPK Greenbelt. Just goes to show that not all outlets are alike. 

Photo5514


We started off with an appetizer. 
Photo5508
Spinach Artichoke Dip - served hot with blue and white corn tortilla chips. Php 525. I asked the waiter if it had any garlic or onions in it cause I'm allergic to it and he said there ain't any. I ate a piece with the dip and I was quite frustrated. It seemed so ordinary and there was an unusual (not in a good way) taste to it. After a couple of minutes, the waiter comes back and tells us that there's some garlic in the spices. WTF! So I let my Dad finish it while I settled with the plain chips.


So since we were craving for steaks in the first place, we ordered the first thing that we saw which had steak written on it.
Photo5516
Steak Tacos - Two Baja-style tacos with grilled steak, fresh shredded cabbage and homemade ranchero sauce. Served with blue & white corn tortilla chips and homemade roasted tomato salsa. Php 475. Again, I think it's a bit over-priced. We should've ordered a different appetizer cause now there are two chips on our table. Oh well...

Photo5517
So I opened my taco cause I wanted to make sure that there was really no onions and there were none. I liked this better than our first order but I still find it rather a bit overpriced. 

I also ordered a pizza since I think it would be silly if we didn't. After all, the name of the resto is California PIZZA Kitchen. 
Photo5519
Buffalo Chicken - Grilled chicken marinated in SPICY buffalo sauce served with Mozarella cheese, fresh carrots, celery and crumbled Gorgonzola cheese. Served with a side of Gorgonzola ranch dressing. Php 435. My Dad thought I ordered Buffalo wings so I had to explain that it was pizza. Anyway, this pizza was indeed spicy. Again, it's not what I expected it to be so I was kinda let down a bit. I was hoping it to be creamier because of the Gorgonzola but it failed my expectations.

And because of the spicy pizza, I suddenly ordered a fruit shake. I was about to get my staple - green mango shake but the Mango Mojito MINT Php 195 caught my attention. My Dad and I asked the waiter to split it into half.
Photo5518

By this time, I just wanted to finish our meal and find a decent place for dessert. So we paid our bill.
Photo5537

No comments:

Post a Comment