Baguio: Cafe by the Ruins

This is one of my fave foodie places. I often bring my visitors here whenever I want to showcase my hometown. I think a part of the history of Baguio is embedded in the resto thus I also consider it as a landmark. 




Agua Fresca de Jamaica <3 b="b" nbsp="nbsp"> used to combat high blood pressure and  reduce cholesterol levels  and rich in Vitamin C
Pandan Lemon Grass Iced Tea

Mango Fruit float - scoop of fruit sorbet floated on carbonated water
I ordered the Vegetarian's choice meal of the day which included:


Sotanghon soup (with tree fungus)

Mountain rice

My gulay - shitake, tofu and mustasa
Mango 'n syrup

Mum ordered:



Mama Jean's Bamboo Bowl - A steamed heap of bamboo shoots, chicken cubes,  mushrooms, Chinese ham and chives, enriched with a tasty gingered broth, Hainanese sauce (ginger-garlic-sesame oil and salt).
It was also served with steamed mountain rice. 
My friend ordered:

Baguio Bagnet and Padas Bagoong - Regional specialties in a traditional combination.  Heavenly fried pork cubes to be dipped in sawsawan of "padas" (small fish bagoong) and dayap juice, with siding of chopped tomatoes and shallots. 

My lil bro's order:

Carbonara - home-cured bacon, egg and cream


Tsokolate

Lovely scones with strawberry jam <3 font="font">

Ambiance shots while waiting for the food...
Some of the artworks are for sale.







No comments:

Post a Comment